Ki o rahi

Last Thursday a visitor came into the classroom. Her name was coach Chelsea and this term she is going to teach us a new ball game called Ki o rahi. Before we went outside to play some games we watched a video about the Maori legend.  A few minutes later we went outside. It was raining so we could not go on the fields so we just went to the canopy. Ki o rahi is a Maori game which needs two teams, equipment and a small ball called a ki. Each team needs seven players. 

I was so excited to learn this new game!. We did not play ki o rahi but we did play some awesome tag games!. My favourite one we played was called “octopus”. Octopus was a game where there were two taggers. One of them will say something that you’re wearing and if you’re wearing that clothing you have to run if you are not wearing that clothing you have to stay and for the runners who are running they have to run to the other side of the canopy. When it was the end and coach Chelsea had to go I was very sad because I had a lot of fun.