2023 Touch Tournament

On November 1st we all walked down to Dunkirk park to do our touch tournament. There were 42 kids in our school who participated in the touch tournament. We left our school at around 8:45 and did a quick karakia. Once we arrived at Dunkirk Park Mr Bell and the others prepared the mat and put our bags on the corner so the mat wouldn’t fly away. After Mr Bell finished setting up the mat he went to the area where the assistants and members were to see the schedule for the games.

While we waited we all stretched and did some exercise. The first group to play were the year 5-6 girls at field 5 versus the Sylvia Park girls. The Sylvia Park girls were really fast so I couldn’t really catch up.After our first game I was out of breath but both teams didn’t get any tries. The girls and I went back to the mat and got a drink of water and something small to eat. We didn’t eat a lot because if we do we might get bloated and not be able to play properly.

A few minutes later we went to the other area to watch the senior boys play. Their game looked more tough than ours but it was alright. We cheered them on while they played and they all played really good.After that round we went to go watch the senior girls do their touch play. Soon we went all the way to the other side of the field to play our last game.

Once we were there we waited for a bit for our turn then selected the six girls who were gonna go play for the first bit of the game. I was really happy that it was our last game because I felt really exhausted.After halftime I decided to sub out because I was too tired to continue playing so I went to Zenalia and got a drink of water. Once it was full time we went back to our area and put our shoes on and got our bags.

We soon started walking back to school and I already wanted to sleep. My foot and legs felt so sore so me and Zenalia took a 3 second break on the grass.Once we arrived at school we waited for the other kids to finish class. While we waited we played Games and just rested under the tree. I didn’t really wanna play so I just picked out some flowers with Zenalia.